Batyah Ginzberg has rewritten and reinterpreted the Hebrew Psalms originally written by King David in an effort to achieve an impact on spiritual healing. They have a traditional Jewish orientation. Batyah Ginzberg views HASHEM as gender rich in gender orientation possessing characteristics present universally in both genders and as a non-physical imageless spiritual entity, not a mortal human being or a ghost. The Psalms included are Psalms 78-150.






Thursday, December 18, 2014

Psalm 94

O God of Wrath and Vengeance, HASHEM, O God appear! Arise O Judge and punish the arrogant: How long shall the wicked exult--O HASHEM--They speak venomously, freely utter slanderous malicious falsehoods, they love themselves, all workers of iniquity: Your nation, HASHEM, they crush and they afflict You and all You support: They try to destroy Your heritage: They slay the poor, the widow, the stranger, the orphan, the fatherless, the motherless, the childless--all these hurting people they murder: And they think that YAH will not see their oppressions, that the God of Avraham, Issac, Jacob, Sarah, Rivka, Rachel, and Leah will not understand: Understand you ignoramuses and boors that God does understand, when will you fools gain wisdom? S/He who creates the ear cannot hear? S/He who makes the eye shall not see? S/He who controls nations, shall S/He not rebuke? S/He who teaches women, men and children knowledge: HASHEM knows the thoughts of people, that their schemes are futile: Praiseworthy is the person who God teaches from God's Torah: To give the honest person rest from the evil, and for a pit to be dug for the wicked: For HASHEM will not abandon His/Her Israelites, nor will S/He forsake Her Heritage: Justice and righteousness will prevail, and following just good ways will be all the pure of spirit and heart: Who will rise up and defend me against evil doers? Who will stand up for me against the wicked? Had God not been a help to me in the past, I would have never spoken again and instead lived in complete isolation: If I said "O God, if my foot falters would You please O God support me so I do not fall and kill myself?" Your kindness has been a support to me in the past: You comforted my soul with gladness as I praised You: Are You associated with destruction? To those who lead an evil life? They gather together to hurt the innocent, the soul of the righteous, our good blood they condemn: God then become my Stronghold, my Rock of refuge: S/He turned their own evil against them and in this way S/He will cut them off: HASHEM, The Name will cut off evil from all good men, women, and children, and the wicked will suffer from their own misdeeds:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment