Batyah Ginzberg has rewritten and reinterpreted the Hebrew Psalms originally written by King David in an effort to achieve an impact on spiritual healing. They have a traditional Jewish orientation. Batyah Ginzberg views HASHEM as gender rich in gender orientation possessing characteristics present universally in both genders and as a non-physical imageless spiritual entity, not a mortal human being or a ghost. The Psalms included are Psalms 78-150.






Friday, December 26, 2014

Psalm 88

A Song of Psalm by BatYAH* originally by the sons of Korach,

HASHEM, The Name: YAH, ELOHIM, O God, God of my security Who saves me, the day through whose night I cried out is before You: Please hear my humble cry of help in my prayer, show me Your blessed ear: For my life is plagued by troublesome evil-doers, and my life has reached old age near death: I was included with those who descend into a pit: I was like a person without any strength whatsoever, fatigued from all the trouble--like one among those who died in disobedience, corpses decaying in the grave, whom You remember no more, for they were cut off by Your hand: I had rebellion and You placed me in the darkest lowest worst place possible in the world, upon me Your wrath has caused me afflictions, Selah. My family, friends, and acquaintances act like strangers against me, You have made me ugly and abominable to them: I am held a captive and cannot leave: I am grieved and I have called upon You O HASHEM, everyday: I have showed you my upraised palms, stretching out my needy hands to You: Will You raise me from the dead? Will the lifeless become strong and living again to give You thanks and praise? Please remind me of Your wonders and forgive my inadequacies, and do not abandon me: I am afflicted and have almost died many times since youth, You have been raging against me because of my disobedience, and I feel dread of You: Your admonitions have surrounded me and caused me anxiety: You have estranged me in exile from my family, friends, and acquaintances:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment