Batyah Ginzberg has rewritten and reinterpreted the Hebrew Psalms originally written by King David in an effort to achieve an impact on spiritual healing. They have a traditional Jewish orientation. Batyah Ginzberg views HASHEM as gender rich in gender orientation possessing characteristics present universally in both genders and as a non-physical imageless spiritual entity, not a mortal human being or a ghost. The Psalms included are Psalms 78-150.






Monday, December 15, 2014

Psalm 102

HASHEM O God, hear, Shema my humble prayer, as I pour out my supplications to You: Let my cry reach You! In my day of distress, please O God, do not hide Your face: Give me Your Great Almighty ear when I call and answer me speedily: For my days are consumed like cigarette smoke and my bones are charred on a grill: Withered is my heart like grass on a hot summery day: I am so weak from my afflictions and from my enemies warring that I have forgotten to eat my food: I am so thin, my bones are sticking to my ribs: I am like an owl searching for vermin in a wasteland: I am a lonely bird on a rooftop, even though I have been diligent: All day long my enemies piss me off, ridicule me and curse me: I have eaten their words like ashes and drank their battling in tears: Because of Your Godly wrathful anger at my oppressor's words and actions, but my vengeful retaliations, You have raised me high but then hurled me down: My days are short like a passing shadow, and I shrivel and get older and weaker: You will arise and favor Zion, favor her dust: All nations will fear Your Name, The Name: HASHEM, YAH, ADONAI, GOD,... You will not despise the prayer of the devastated one, Let all this be recorded for our newborn nations so they will also praise God, She gazed upon us in Her Sanctuary and looked down from heaven and earth: To hear the groaning of the captive prisoner and then to liberate all those doomed to die: To declare in Israel and all over the world, in Zion, Her Name, YAH, She has afflicted my strength on the way, She has shortened my days: You created the Heavens and the Earth: All will perish, but You will live on forever: Only Your obedient servants will be settled and their children will live on to praise You and have Your goodness:



    

No comments:

Post a Comment